I have been consulting with businesses on digital marketing and internet strategy for over 12 years. I bring a wealth of business and life experience (and a sense of humor) to the stage, along with years of speaking experience.
Each talk can be specifically tailored to each audience as needed.
I prefer to custom tailor my presentations to the audience in the room. A group of college students is looking for far different information that a group of small business owners or a room full of CEOs. Nevertheless, it’s valuable to see the types of things I talk about. Accordingly, I’ve included a list of topics I’ve presented recently, along with links off the slides where appropriate.
- Awesome finds awesome: The power of shared content in the era of social networks
- Managing Your Personal Online Reputation: Interpreting and Influencing Search Results
- Think Like a Search Engine: Out-think, outsmart and outmaneuver your competition
- Social Media & Your Career: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
- SEO for Social Media Marketers
- How Social is Changing the Search Landscape
- The Power of Community
With nearly 20 years of real world business experience in a variety of roles, I have spoken to groups ranging in size from 20 to over 500 and my presentations are consistently both thought provoking and actionable.
- Moderator – Social Media ROI Panel Discussion (Social Media Biz Summit | Buffalo, NY | June 14, 2013)
- Awesome Finds Awesome: The Power of Shared Content in a Social World & Managing Your Personal Online Reputation: Interpreting and Influencing Search Results (@Midwest Conference | Bloomington-Normal, IL | June 7, 2013)
- Digital Influence and the Guide to Social Search (Marketing Hacks | Chicago, IL | May 2013)
- The New Realities of Search Engine Optimization (Social Slam 2013 | Knoxville, TN | April 2013)
- Optimizing the Digital Advertising Experience to Maximize Results (with Tim McDonald | MPI TechCon | Chicago, IL)
- Managing Your Personal Online Reputation: Interpreting and Influencing Search Results (Crain’s Chicago Business | Chicago, IL | August 2012)
- Understanding the New World of Social Search (Social Slam | Knoxville, TN | April 2012)
- How to Win Customers and Influence Google: A B2B Guide to Search and Social (Beacon Live Webinar | Virtual | March 2012)
- Social Media and Your Career: the Good, The Bad & The Ugly (PRSSA Com Day | Purdue University | February 2012) Slides
- Starting a Community from Scratch (Community Manager Unconference | Chicago | February 2012)
- Awesome finds awesome: Creating shareable content in a social SEO world (Social Media Biz Summit | Buffalo, NY | February 2012) Video & Slides
- Social Media and Search (Joe Hackman Poscast | Virtual | November 2011)
- How Social is Changing the Search Landscape (Social Media Masters | Kansas City | October 2011)
- Driving traffic – SEO, community building and beyond (Social Media Masters Summit | Chicago | October 2010)
- Search and Social Panel Discussion (Social Media Club Chicago | Chicago | June 2011)
- Customer Experience and Search: New Rules (360Connext Webinar | Virtual | June 2011)
- SEO Insights for Online Marketing (Spin Sucks Webinar | Virtual | May 2011)
- SEO & SMO Insights (Lake County Social Networking | Deerfield, IL | April 2011 )
- SEO for Social Media Marketers: Basic Tips & Tricks (Lotus Marketing | Chicago, IL | February 2011)